Last night I feel apart. And Fliec was the only person who was there to help me pick up the pieces.
The drink was good, the night was not. In not so many words I lost it. I’d been holding onto my shit all day, but at the frat house we occasionally visit, I didn’t feel right. My roomie drove (which was a dumb move on my part). So I felt stranded there, and I needed to leave, go home and cry alone. Roomie was ‘a waste case’ So; I texted slash called all my close friends. But there was a storm watch, didn’t answer my call, she was in the library, she was getting to drunk to respond, she lives to far away etc…. And each of my strong hold friends fell through. They just couldn’t be there for me. But Fliec could. And all I said was “please come get me I need to go home”
“I’m sorry too. I’m sorry that ive hurt you. I really am”
“I’ll be home soon. I can give you a ride if you need one.”
“I’m getting of the freeway”
“Here”
And I left that notorious frat house to get into a much less notorious car. From beer pong to bright eyes.
Yeah, we haven’t talked in over a week, and during that time I haven’t cried much. How did she know that I really needed her. I needed someone to save me from the situation and Fliec was that person. She told me last night in the car that she’s terrible at keeping a date. Invite her to the movies, dinner, a funeral even and she will most likely cancel. She’s irresponsible and would seem flaky to others. That’s not really who she is. I understand why she cancels on people and disappears from her friends. For control. But when you really REALLY need someone, when I really REALLY needed her last night, she was there. Fliec was the only person who was there.
She said she loves me. I said I love her.
I didn’t kiss her. Made progress. Told her my deepest fears and then climbed the fence. Broke into my own apartment. And cried.
I cried for everything that she was. For how much she still cares. She was the only person who knew how to save me last night, and the only person who could.
One day I’ll save myself, maybe one day I’ll save her?

4 comments:
This was beautiful.
That's really all I can say. I'm kind of at a loss for words...
yeah me too.
Well shit, son. How the heck are we paralleling each other? Also drank. A drink with three shots, accompanied by a pint and a bottle of Smirnoff ice. Frat party, it was stupid. Kind of drank my feelings and felt off. However, there was no bright eyes to come rescue me.
I kind of threw up, and then dreamt of it coming out like blood. Tears of frustration, worrying that I'd die.
I felt guilty though, because it wasn't my bathroom. So I went out the next morning and bought chocolate milk and donettes out of appreciation.
As surreal of a night you had, it was definitely progress, even if the direction is unknown.
Correction: I didn't directly ask chaz to pick me up but assumed since she was at a friend's house that she couldn't. But chaz told me later that should would have picked me up. Thanks Chaz!
M.f.- I didn't intend to drink my feelings. I just wanted to have a good time and i realized to late that being drunk just brought up all those emotions. Parallel? yes absoluletly! Both at frat's hahah : ) glad to know i'm not the only person who makes mistakes
Post a Comment