Thursday, January 31, 2008

Find the Good

Ok so I'm trying to find the good that came out of a very very shitty relationship and breakup. Looking on the happier side of life can be difficult but kind necessary. Cause I don't want to end up an mean cynic or debbie downer. So...





The Top 5 Good Things That Came From My Breakup slash relationship

5. I began to read/appreciate, riese's l-word recap blog And duh now I have time to write my own blog. (not to mention all the great material I have to write about now. Future blogs will be promise less break-up drama)

4. All the stress associated with dating a crazy, ax- murder made me loose 5lbs. I was constantly afraid she would kill me in my sleep. (Ok this is a lie but let's pretend it's true. It's what every single girl wishes for. )

3. I became an excellent grilled cheese maker (chaz can also testify to this, right chaz?) Also I learned how to correctly take care of a cast iron skillet.

2. I watched all 4 seasons of the L-word. This is knowledge and lesbo culture that you can't put a price tag on. But the box set cost $126.99 on amazon.com fyi.

1. I rediscovered how much I love to paint, draw and write. That my life goals includes blogging everyday, establishing myself as a painter, moving to a big(ger) city and becoming an art therapist.
Can anyone think of anything more??????

4 comments:

Frank said...

If you and her had never dated, we would have never met. I don't know about you, but I'm awfully pleased to have you in my life.

Mary said...

Ahh, the L Word. You know, dealing with the pain, it was especially intense to watch Alice go through the same shit the beginning of season 3. Yeah?

And uncanny, but I've been wanting to get into painting. I lerve it. It's great to find something you can latch on to, especially a form of expression.

I should say especially one more time.

AlluringEyes said...

C, Just look at it this way, she wasn't the one,she didn't deserve you or appreciate you.....the BEST is yet to come. Without pain there is no growing or moving on...
you will see!

CHeeren said...

Frank: yes you're right. I never would have met you... or elizabeth, or liz or a hundred other wonderful people. Oh did I mention I would have never met abby who has mildy changed my life and given me tons of amazing ring tones.

Mary: Yeah I should really re-watch that part of season 3. But I'm really proud of myself for not having a shrine!!! Or a paper cut out.

Alluring: pain is growth this is true!