Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Lesbian Best Friends

NOTE: this is a post which i've been working on and off with for about two weeks. It's turned into one of the most ironic post yet. Because as I've proven through my own actions, i'm a total hypocrite. So take this post with a grain of salt. What I write is true, but I don't always follow my own advise.

There is a fine line in any relationship between being intimate friends and being intimate romantic friends. These lines are easier to see when by design, the friends wouldn't be attracted to eachother. For example, a two hetero girl friends or two hetero guy friends. But it's not always so easy. Lately I've been getting a lot of questioning about my close lesbo friends and our "possible romantic relationship" which plain and simply doesn't exist.

So where is the line between two gay lesbian girlfriends and two lesbian GIRLFRIENDS?

Here are some important guide lines to follow, the do's and dont's to stay just friends!

Do- cuddle, spoon, sleep in the same bed, and have sleep overs!




Do- announce your love for each other in public, private, online, through tx and with little notes left on eachother's pillows.
Don't- kiss on the lips


Don't- make out in the bathroom of a club.
Do- go on trips together, family trips, business trips, shopping trips, road trips etc.... trips but don't trip up on these trips.
Do- model underwear and lingerie for each other (M!)
Don't- get really drunk and confess your desire to be together.
Don't- share a jail cell (Bette! Hellena!)
Do- make-out when your drunk and then acknowledge that ewww it was gross and no you don't have feelings for eachother. Even if she was a good kisser.
So that was the old post I was working on: but like I said before, a bit has changed and I'm not the best person for following my own advice. Yeah whateves. I'm happy being single and happy having friends. Like most.

1 comment:

My Secret Garden said...

I want you to be single too.
with me.