True love it's on my mind.
Most everyone I am close friends with right now is in a committed relationship. It's really surprising actually. But they are not just in any space-filling, bored, need someone to go to the movies with me- relationship but rather the kind they think slash hope will last forever. (like a diamond) Yeah they all think they are in deep true mad love. hahah. I can only laugh. I'm in the lucky (or unlucky) position of being very... yes very single, you got that right. I'm single ladies. But not really looking. Totally besides the point.
Why is breaking up so hard to do? Why is unidentifying yourself with another person difficult? Why do we stay in unhealthy relationships because we fear being alone forever? Why do we loose our self and how do we find that person again? How do we prevent from loosing our self or is that an inevitable part of falling in love? Can you fall in love and not loose yourself?
No i don't think you can- I wish I could. I really do. But I think part of falling truly madly deeply in love means doing things, acting in ways, skipping class, ignoring friendships, blowing off commitments, changing priorities, and ultimately reorganizing your life. That's what we do when we fall in love, loose our self. When the breakup comes it hurts, not only cause you realize you've lost that person, but also cause you've lost yourself. Who do you call when you feel down? How do you spend next saturday night? What made you happy before they entered your life? sometimes you don't know. That's what's really scary. It's what frightens me to the core. How does loving someone else turn into loosing yourself?
I want answers people. I don't have them but probs neither do you.
Perhaps there is something beyond true mad love. A love that makes sense, has boundaries, keep your space and yourself identity. Love that isn't consuming, where you still know who you are. Or maybe that's not love at all? It's only pretending to be love. So if loosing love can be so hard why do we crave it in the first place? We know the stakes are so high! Is the ultimate reward higher? Is love worth it?

3 comments:
I totally agree with what you said, but don't give up yet. Sometimes I think that life is just a quest to pair off with someone both as wonderful and terrible as we each are, and hardly anyone gets it right on the first try, or even the first dozen tries.
I'm trying to remain optimistic because if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that being single kind of blows alot.
I have another thing you can add to your list...
You get to hang out with your friends more often. Like you said, who do you go to? But if you have true friends, then you can always go to them, no matter how long you haven't hung out for. You know you can always call me :)
Love,
Nikki
Nikki: yeah you're one friend I can always rely on. There since the beginning of my life basically! And I'm so happy that we've been able to spend more time together. I miss you like whoaaa.
Post a Comment