Friday, January 25, 2008

Lesbian Fashion Is Not An Oxymoron

New Lesbian Clothing Trends 2008
what's hot? who's gay?

The Vintage Fatigue Hat, Rimmed Hats, Baseball Worn Backwards, Bean Hats- They are all one in the same. If you see a girl in a hat, she probably gay, bi, bi curious, trans or at least an alie. Hat's keep your head warm but they can do so much more. Yeah that's rights Gay's have hats, straight women you can have over sized purses.




The Vest- Rule of thumb the bulkier the better. I'm a fashion victim of the vest. I love it to death and into the grave. But lucky for me, a lot of other homo's have been picking up on this trend. So when I go to lesbian friendly community events, I'm not the only one wearing the hoodie, boy pants and vest combo. It makes me happy besides the word 'vest' has 4 letters in it, so does lezz.


Volcom anything! This I hope requires no explanation.


Ties- A thin black tie with casual top is so hot right now. "I see a lady in a tie with ripped jeans an old gray t-shirt she probs took as a token from her last hetero relationship and it screams lesbian." Says fellow lesbian magazine mogul. I still haven't completely learned how to tie a tie on my own so I'll save this look for the fall.


Power Suits- I am woman, I have power and money and success. I might be over bearing and crazy and just ruined my relationship with my deaf girlfriend. I might have a stick up my you know. And be an art snob. Hint hint BETTE! Yeah I'm gay. Yeah I'm hot. Yeah I'm wearing a power suit!



Leather wrist bands- The leather wrist band is a really understated fashion item. It goes back to primitive times. When people only wore leaves and twigs. It's "just in case..."

Flannel and Plaid- I didn't think it was making a come back since Roseanne but then... this photo. Ok so I guess some people do wear flannel and not just to bed. The few select people who can pull it off, congrats. But for the rest of us, I'm content wearing my highly flammable clothing in bed, as a I sleep, after leaving some candles burning, in a log cabin.



WIFE BEATERS!!!-
I love wife beaters like so much. No silly not like a man who like beats his wife. oh god no. But you know like the shirt like. But lets be real for a sec. I really do love them. Which is great cause most other lesbians do to. If I could enforce a dress code, it would be all wife beaters all the time, no exceptions! I almost own every color wife beater fruit of the loom carries, but I'd consider expanding. If I could find a good green colored wife beater, my wardrobe would be complete.


Socks- Well socks are cool no matter what! Everyone likes socks.


Chain Wallets- These are not to be understated in their importance. They offer a little bit of hip-hop bee bop. (yes you did just read that) I have a deep confession to make that I would love to see Ellen DeGeneres come on her show one day wearing what she normally does and looking so adorable....but with a chain wallet. Maybe I'll write to her on her show, and she'll do it! Yeah great idea. But i digress



Don't forget accessories: body piercings, aviator sunglasses, short hair, dread locks, tattoos, black nail polish, a wallet which hold everything a normal size purse would, dog tag, board shorts, black ninja belt, bandannas, boy jeans, converse, army t-shirts, fishnets, and high heal shoes.

Check It Out The New York Times Speaks On Gay Fashion

4 comments:

Frank said...

I don't understand you people at all. I could never be gay just because I lack the basic style skills with regards to clothing. I get my shirts from track and cross country meets, and I buy my jeans from a grocery store. Oh, and I think I own maybe 3 or 4 shirts with collars.

CHeeren said...

I've gotten a ton of good feedback about this blog. so Thanks friends for the support. once i'm over my slight sad-ness I'll be back on my gay-game : )

Anonymous said...

It is no longer PC to refer to a ribbed tank top as wife beater. This should be changed. by saying wife beater implies a stereotype that no longer exists. Ribbed tank tops are chic now and should be seen as such. It is even more important to not use this term in regards to Lesbian fashion for what should be obvious reason.

UtahDyke said...

Hey! I'm a dyke and I wear WIFEBEATERS. but I just call 'em Beaters, and I'm the most respectful ever to my girl....Don't forget on your list chunky black shoes or boots lol! I like your list though!!