11:66 Me- (nothing: ignoring the text and brainstorming a nice way to say no)

So then began the slow fall into the bottom-less pit that was this non-date. She doesn't go to school. Nor does she have a job, hasn't for months, isn't looking for one, doesn't have any money and her main goal is to get discovered dancing at a club. So unlike normal people who fill out resumes and go to job interviews in hopes of finding employment, she prefers to shake her ass and move her feet at various establishments. In my head I was thinking "Who are you?"
She told me she was training for the Olympics, she runs 20 miles a day. And I was pretty impressed cause there is no fucking way I could run that much. Until she told me she finished 7th in a 3 mile run at the Detroit zoo. The run was out of 1000 people but still 7th place at a local race is not exactly close to Olympic gold. Clearly the girl was delusional, I'm thinking.
I brought up music, a subject which I thought I'm relatively good at relating to. It's the one subject that I fall back on when conversation is running low because for the most part I've heard of a lot of bands and can at least appreciate other people's taste in music. But this girl managed to strike a very sharp chord (no pun intended). Not only does she have ridiculous taste in music, she had no substantial knowledge of other music genres. So that was killed.
She did however mentioned that she was learning to play the guitar, and I perked up a tiny bit when she said this. She had in fact 'just recorded a song she was working on'. Wow i thought, we do actually have something in common, we both like guitar, and it's a total turn on. But to my dismay she followed that up by saying and I quote "I need to take my guitar somewhere to have it tuned because I think it will sound better if I get it tuned"
STOP HOLD UP!!! WTF. There is no one on earth who legitimately can play the guitar (even at a beginning level) but doesn't know how to tune it! Stop the music, this date can't get any worse....but it does.
She mentions that she didn't drive to soho, instead she "jogged over". Well fuck it was almost 1 am and I felt bad, so I had to give her a ride home.When she got out of the car I gave a big sigh of relief. There goes one less person who I know I'm not compatible with. I'm one more person closer to finding a soul mate/someone who I can be happy with.
Being single/dating can be really hard and scary. I feel like giving up and throwing the towel a lot of times, but I think all this hard shit, the bad dates and failed relationships, the drunken mistakes and moments of weakness are not in vain. Cause when it does happen, when the ja-ja-joo occurs and I meet someone who realizes how ridiculous not knowing how to tune a guitar is, I'll fight like hell to not let it go.

3 comments:
lots of things....
1. i really love that picture of you w/the beer goggles.
2. i wanna know what kind of "music" she was into.
3. can you send me the number for that music store she was gonna go to. my guitar needs to be tuned too. and pronto. ive had it for about two years now.
4. who jogs to the bar? srsly.
well done on this one. i cant believe you didnt call my ass up right after. i was almost completely sober, checking and rechecking facebook. you know my rule...
elida: first off yes i know i was a cute little kid. There is also a picture of me with the first joint i ever rolled. Probs I was about 6.
I don't remember what kinda music she was into. I think it was like the pussy cat dolls, jay z (who is awesome lets not joke now) and classical. what-ever
Also i did call you, but you were most def still very much drunk (which is why you obviously don't remember it)
Hahah, goodness. That literally IS the worst date I've ever heard. Ever.
Post a Comment