Monday, March 3, 2008

Chpt 5

Chpt 5 Am I in this canoe alone?
(No Annie you're not and as long as the memories of us are still alive, I know I'll never be alone either. Annie will never be in a canoe alone, a kayak yes most def. But never in a canoe alone. Unless of course I decide to jump off the canoe and go for a swim : ) Which I did do several times over the summer. )

My responsibilities at camp were simple. Teach canoeing classes, make sure no one drowns and insure a cabin full of 11 and 12 year old girls were having the best summer of their lives. It might sound difficult but it couldn't have come more naturally for me.

The Canoe Dock was as follows: Annie, Amie, Cleo and I were the four counselors in charge down at the dock. But Annie and I taught classes together while Amie and Cleo taught separate classes, so we worked as two sets of partners. There was a lot of prep work to get our dock together and it amazed me how self-sustaining Annie was. She didn't need the 'big strong boys' to help us move things. OH NO! She could lift anything no matter how heavy and wasn't afraid to get dirty or sweaty. I can't say the same for the other counselors but I was impressed and followed her lead. We moved canoes from out of storage, raked the beach, even cleanup dead fish that washed ashore. We made a great team in that first week of prep. She was one of the few people I actually enjoy working with. It was a natural partnership from the beginning. It was a great feeling to look at the dock, our dock, and know that we had accomplished all the work on our own. I felt a great sense of pride and that's a feeling that doesn't come to easily for me. I was surprised how freely that came when Annie and I worked together.

The yummy fish that floated up on shore!

Growing up with two parents who are do-it-themselvers I've learned how to handle myself in a wood shop, chopping wood, using power tools, acting as a mule. I've done more then my share of physical labor, usually with a frown on my face. But when it was just the two of us, I had a great time. I could sense that Annie was like me too. Other female counselors were a bit more dependant but by no fault of their own. I find dependence is one of the most unattractive qualities and in that same breath I thought Annie was one of the most attractive people I'd ever met. I like people who can fix their own problems and Annie fit the bill!

My admiration quickly grew into intimacy and then to lust. I was lusting after Annie (but only in my head). It was a secret kind of lust which festers late at night. Encouraged by my own imagination and maintained by our deepening friendship. I started to look forward to the time I spend with her and always wanting more. The feelings became more real and as she described her past girl friend I became aware of the fact that I wanted to be that next one. I didn't just want to be Annie's best friend, canoe dock companion or partner in crime, I wanted more! With her beautiful personality Annie had uncovered my proverbial G-spot and brought out the best in me. When we were together, I felt we could accomplish anything!



There were just a few problems in my way; I had a boyfriend, wasn't gay, didn't know how to be gay, was terrified to tell her, even more scared of the repercussions and stricken with fear that she would reject me. I had an important decision to make, perhaps one of the most life changing decisions I have ever made. Up there on my 'list of important life changing decisions' along with decision #8- Do I want to go shopping tomorrow? #5-Should I quite smoking? #2-Should I floss everyday? #1- What the mofo am I doing with my life?

I could take the plunge or suppress. Meet the challenge or run from my feelings.

8 comments:

M. said...

I know what you mean:\
"It was a secret kind of lust which festers late at night."

That line. Wow. Just wow.

This story is so good, so honest and sincere.

Jess said...

I rather enjoy reading your blog as I would enjoy reading any other coming out story. Im rather intrested to see what happens next.

I am sorry for the rather negatvie feedback that you are getting from people. It is your blog, your space.

Do keep writing <3

Anonymous said...

I am not sorry for the negative feedback that you are getting.
It is a mere response to you exploiting people for your own benefit! It is not my intention that what i have written you take to heart. Im just glad you have read my opinion.
Im sure you can agree that my opinion and the way in which it has been articulated is not a "dumb" one!!

kirsty-s said...

I think its a wonderful story so far. The fact that its romantic rather than just sex is so nice to see in this day and age.

Don't let them put you off blogging. You and Annie have NOTHING to hide. If others have problems with that then that is their problem.

I look forward to the next instalment.

Chase said...

Hey came across your blog and love it. Very raw and poetic in the story telling. But its late, and im a little confused, was this camp story true?

CHeeren said...

chase: yeah it's true. It's the truth from my perspective so it does have my personal spin, but real truth is very hard to obtain. And if I do find some real truth I will for sure blog about it. I promise!
Also I hope you started at chapter 1 and worked your way up. Or at least got around to reading the previous chapters eventually, it will make more sense that way.


Kristy-s: I'm glad to tell you that there will in fact continue to be no sex, just romance for many instillations to come. But I'm not sparing any details for the kiddies when the time comes : )

Anonymous: I have no problem reading your comments and publishing them on my blog. I'm not afraid of criticisms so you can critic all you want and I'm being completely sincere when I say that. The internet allows for free speech and I’m a huge supporter of that.

Anonymous said...

None of the negative feedback has anything to do with the fact that your gay or anything to do with your relationship with Annie. I can personally say I have no problem with it at all. I just think maybe taking down the photo would be a good idea, by all means it's your blog and share your feelings, you have a really great story happening here but I've already tried to explain that you're posting information that has been told to you in confidence and I know that it's really upsetting to the people you were once so close with.

Someone please let me know if what I'm asking is really that unfair? I think you should put yourself in "Amie's" shoes and think about how you'd feel if someone shared details like that about your life.

kirsty-s said...

Anonymous : in a way I can understand where you are coming from but to make statements about how it feels to be "Amie" without apparently proving to CHeeren that you have any link to "Amie" is a bit, well arrogant.

In my own blog I've used pseudonyms to protect people, and although I've never publicly posted a photo of anyone else involved in my relationships (apart from my partner but we are quite happy for people to know about us) I've never had any problems from anyone,

Is the photo the real reason for your concern because it ties "blog" identities to real life - and by that I mean that other people apart from the blog author are, through the photo, associated with the blogger? If it is then I can kinda understand where you are coming from but can I ask how "Amie" feels about it all?